I’ve had many messages this past week, wanting to know how to make my homemade sweet chilli sauce (which went with the crispy prawns), that I could almost feel your hunger and couldn’t wait any longer to give you the recipe!
This goes really well with Asian salads, stir fry’s and even drizzled on some smashed avo on toast!
- 1 red pepper
- 2 long red chillis (if like it hot-keep in the seeds)
- 35g sugar
- 80g water
- splash of fish sauce
- splash of sesame oil
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- Pour the water and sugar into a pot and allow to simmer until it reduces to a sugar syrup (more sugar = more sweetness).
- Finely dice the chilli and red pepper and add to the sugar syrup while still hot.
- Add the fish sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Let this cook on the stove for about 10 min .