It’s been a busy two weeks for LOV Food as last week we were in Albany and this week we braved the crazy cyclonic weather, and taught in Broome!
The students not only were reminded about the ‘Bad sugars means bad eyes’ message (diabetes and eye health) but they also learnt about the 5 food groups and what it means to eat a balanced diet.
We focused on healthy brekkie’s and cooked up scrambled egg and bacon – camping style – a breakfast for champions!
- 3 free range eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 rashers bacon
- 4 sliced cherry
- handful sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil (optional)
- 2 slices wholemeal seeded bread
- Whisk together milk, eggs, pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, cook the bacon on a medium heat (no oil needed).
- After 1 min, add to the frying pan, tomato and mushrooms.
- When cooked, set aside on a plate and cover with tin foil or another plate.
- Toast bread.
- In same frying pan on a medium heat, add the egg mixture.
- After a minute, using a spatula, slowly fold the mixture towards you so that the egg cooks on all sides.
- Repeat this until the egg is almost cooked but is still a little moist, turn off heat (scrambled egg will continue to cook once it’s off the heat).
- Butter toast, divide cooked bacon and veg between two plates and place scrambled egg on top of the toast.
- Garnish with fresh basil and pinch of salt and pepper.