It’s the last leg of my trip in Europe and ending it here on this beautiful island was the cherry on the top!
There’s nothing as refreshing as going back to basics: back to your roots. Meeting my cousins and drinking their homemade clementine liquor in the house that my great-grandmother was born in, while trying to speak broken Portuguese and being fed endless amounts of Madeira cake, will be a memory I’ll never forget.
Fruit salad for Four
- punnet of strawberries
- 2 plums
- 2 nectarines
- 2 pears
- 4 passion fruit
- handful of nuts and seeds
- Greek yoghurt
- fennel tips (as desired)
- Wash fruit
- Cut strawberries in half and the rest of fruit into bite size pieces.
- Add a few dollops of yoghurt.
- Cut open passion fruit and squeeze the juice over the yogurt.
- Scatter over the nuts and seeds and finish it off with a few sprigs of fennel tips!