The team were hungry and so I cooked up this healthy Mediterranean feast!
The fritters are made from Lupin: which are an awesome source of protein and grown all over Western Australia. Follow the link for more information about Lupin Foods and different recipes!
Lupin and Zucchini fritters
- ½ cup dried lupin flakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- ½ granny smith apple, grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- Grate zucchini and apple into a colander; leave the water to drain away.
- Boil the kettle and pour a cup of hot water over the dried lupin flakes. After about 2 min the flakes should absorb the water and swell.
- Squeeze out any extra moisture from the zucchini and apple.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients together and mix well. You’ll find it quite a wet consistency.
- Drizzle about 2 table spoons of oil (olive oil/canola/coconut) in a frying pan a dollop a heaped table spoon of the mixture into the hot pan. Flatten slightly with a spatula and allow to cook for about 2 min. Flip over and cook the other side.
- Serve with Roasted egg plant an sumac salad.
Roasted eggplant and sumac salad
Preheat oven to 200’C
- 1 medium sized eggplant
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ lemon
- chili (optional)
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- toasted almonds, chopped
- Slice eggplant into circles and then quarters. Place in a bowl and sprinkle over and rub in salt to draw out the bitterness. Leave to stand for about 10/15min and then rinse off salt.
- Slice the red onion into long thin wedges. Place veg in a baking tray and drizzle over olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Bake in the oven at 200’C for about 20min or until golden brown.
- Grate the garlic into the yoghurt and add the juice of the lemon, a pinch of salt and pepper and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Place the roasted veg on a serving plate, drizzle over the yoghurt dressing.
- Sprinkle on sumac, mint, chilli and toasted nuts.
These dishes can be served in flat bread with a green side salad:
- rocket and spinach mix
- sliced avocado
- feta cheese