It’s Christmas! And I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than to make some beautiful food, pop open a bottle of bubbly and share it all with friends. For me – this is the greatest gift.
I’m off to my friend Jacqui for lunch. She has got some awesome Christmas table decorating tips up her sleeve. She’s teamed up with the lovely florist Lee Rogers and I’m excited to see what they have created! There’s only one place to go for inspiration when it comes to styling and decor and that’s Jacqui’s fantastic blog: Stylelingual. I’m a big fan!
I’ll be bringing along this super easy and tasty Christmas appetiser:
chorizo and pistachio preserve with torn baguette and Camembert cheese…
- 2 apples
- 1 pear
- ½ cup brown sugar
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of ground cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 chorizo sausage
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- handful chopped pistachio and pine-nuts
- Roughly chop the apples and pear into small pieces
- Add the spices, sugar and enough water to cover the fruit
- Add a dash of red wine for good luck
- Simmer gently on the stove until the fruit has softened
- Chop the chorizo into small pieces and fry on a low heat, without any oil
- Add the red wine, honey and nuts and cook for a few minutes
- Add chorizo mix to the fruit and cook together for about an hour, or until it thickens to become like a jam.
- Once cooled, spoon the mixture into a number of small jars and stick in the fridge
- Grab a baguette, some soft cheese and your preserve and let the party begin!