It’s nearly Christmas, where has the time gone? I’m going away on holiday for a month and what I’m most worried about is who is going to water my little veggie garden when I go!
I harvested the last of my broccoli and when I saw it had sprouted flowers – I had an idea – a bunch of broccoli would make a beautiful flowery gift for a friend for her birthday, and the rest left over? A healthy crunchy to share with my housemates!
- one bunch (thin) long stem broccoli
- 200g baby spinach and rocket mix
- seeds of half a pomegranate
- handful roasted almonds slivers
- half a bunch of flat parsley and mint
- punnet green olives
- blanch broccoli in salted water.
- toss all ingredients together (cut the olives in half) and lastly scatter the pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds.
- drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and the zest and juice of half a lemon.