On Va Manger… Let us eat!
This week we’re off to the South of France. Everything the French do, they do with style and confidence, so I’m thinking, a mouthful of this salad will give us all a bit of ‘La-France!’
- 100g rocket
- baby gem lettuce
- small block of Roquefort cheese (or gorgonzola)
- handful walnuts
- 2 slices of bread (preferably stale white bread)
- a few sprigs of chives
- olive oil and balsamic reduction
- Wash your greens and place into a large flat bowl
- Cut up the bread into bite size chucks, place on a baking tray and drizzle over some olive oil. Grill in the oven at 180’C for about 10 min, or until golden brown. Add the walnuts in the last few minutes and roast until golden and crunchy.
- Crumble the cheese over the bed of greens and add the walnuts and croutons.
- Finely chop the chives and sprinkle over the salad.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic reduction
- Enjoy with a cold glass of white wine.